School-wide learner outcomes
The schoolwide learner outcomes were developed by a group of teachers, administrators, and parents who wanted to develop a high quality online educational program that would prepare students for any opportunity they seek post-graduation.
The schoolwide learner outcomes are aligned with the mission of the school. They will be reviewed annually and revised by stakeholders as needed.
- Students will meet and exceed state-specific content and Common Core standards
- Apply critical thinking skills to resolve challenges in creative ways
- Design and implement inquiry-based learning strategies
- Students will be able to synthesize, evaluate and apply information
- Students will demonstrate competence in using multiple methods to convey information
- Apply active listening, speaking, reading and writing strategies to real-world situations
- Use verbal and written language in an effective manner
- Are technologically literate, accessing and applying information through a variety of electronic media
- Students will contribute their time and talents to improve the quality of life for others, value diversity and remain culturally sensitive
- Students will be proactive and seek to be positive agents of change
Motivated and Self-Directed
- Students work toward achieving goals with drive and vigor
- They will manage their time effectively
- Students will maintain accountability, both individually and within a group
The Uplift Passionate Team
We pride ourselves in creating a family atmosphere, caring for a student both academically and as an individual. Uplift Michigan Online School has a rigorous curriculum along with small class sizes and teachers who go above and beyond daily for their students.
We provide you:
• A learning atmosphere with high expectations and lots of support.
• Curriculum and support options for at-risk students.
• Certified and highly qualified teachers.
• Services and support for students with special needs.
• A plan for graduation.
• A flexible learning environment.
• School provided laptops for all students and internet (for qualifying families)